Plymouth in Washington County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Battle of Plymouth
Confederate troops led by Gen. Robert F. Hoke, aided by ram Albemarle, retook Union-occupied town, April 17-20, 1864.
Erected 2014 by North Carolina Office of Archives and History. (Marker Number B 9.)
Location. 35° 51.886′ N, 76° 45′ W. Marker is in Plymouth, North Carolina, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of West Third Street and Washington Street, on the right when traveling west on West Third Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Plymouth NC 27962, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ausbon House (within shouting distance of this marker); Hampton Academy (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Plymouth United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Battle of Plymouth (about 800 feet away); Ram Albemarle (approx. 0.2 miles away); Washington County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brick House Landing (approx. 0.2 miles away); New Chapel Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plymouth.
Also see . . . Old Marker at this Location. This marker replaced an older one at this location (Submitted on September 3, 2014.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 288 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 2, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.