Plymouth in Washington County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The main line of Union defenses during the Battle of Plymouth, April 17-20, 1864, was built across the road at this point.
Erected 1961 by Archives and Highway Departments, Confederate Centential Commission. (Marker Number BBB-7.)
Location. 35° 51.721′ N, 76° 44.867′ W. Marker is in Plymouth, North Carolina, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of North Washington Steet and Fort Williams Street, on the right when traveling south on North Washington Steet. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Plymouth NC 27962, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Williams (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ausbon House (approx. ¼ mile away); Battle of Plymouth (approx. ¼ mile away); Plymouth United Methodist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Carthagenia Lodge (approx. ¼ mile away); Plymouth State Normal School (approx. ¼ mile away); New Chapel Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Hampton Academy (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plymouth.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 255 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 2, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.