New Bern in Craven County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
New Bern Battleﬁeld Park
New Bern Battlefield Park
300 Battlefield Parkway, New Bern, NC 28562
Here you will find pristinely preserved Confederate defensive earthworks on the 27 acres owned by the New Bern Historical Society. A ferocious battle was fought here on 14 March 1862.
Call 252-638-8558 to arrange for a private tour, if desired. Or, take the Self-guided Walking Tour that directs you to the 15 spots along prepared trails explaining the actions and movements of the combatants.
Five miles north, in the city of New Bern, is a very significant collection of Civil War artifacts in the Attmore-Oliver House, built circa 1790-1800. It now serves as the headquarters of the New Bern Historical Society.
Erected by New Bern Historical Society.
Location. 35° 2.874′ N, 77° 0.946′ W. Marker is in New Bern, North Carolina, in Craven County. Marker can be reached from Battlefield Parkway south of Taberna Way. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 Battlefield Parkway, New Bern NC 28562, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of New Bern (within shouting distance of this Battle of New Bern (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Point (approx. 2.4 miles away); James City (approx. 2.7 miles away); Richard Dobbs Spaight (approx. 2.8 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of New Bern (approx. 4.1 miles away); USRC Diligence (approx. 4.1 miles away); U.S.C.G.C. Pamlico (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Bern.
Also see . . . New Bern Battlefield Park. New Bern Historical Society (Submitted on September 9, 2014.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 9, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 433 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 9, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.