Rockville in Montgomery County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1960 by Mayor and Council of Rockville.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 39° 4.938′ N, 77° 9.094′ W. Marker was in Rockville, Maryland, in Montgomery County. Marker was at the intersection of Vinson Street and Maryland Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Vinson Street. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Rockville MD 20850, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. 1803 Plan of Rockville and Boundary Stone (here, next to this marker); “Out of Robb’s Window, Montgomery County Courthouse.” (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Richard Montgomery (about 300 feet away); Montgomery County Jail (about 400 feet away); Christ Episcopal Church (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Christ Episcopal Church (about 400 feet away); Dr. James Anderson House The Confederate Monument (was about 400 feet away but has been reported permanently removed. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockville.
Also see . . . Historic Rockville Walking Tour. (Submitted on January 11, 2006.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2006, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 5,278 times since then and 246 times this year. Last updated on September 28, 2014, by Thomas C Green of Clarksburg, West Virginia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 11, 2006, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.