Sylvania in Screven County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Presidential party and conveyances included six other men, a coach for the President, a two horse wagon for baggage, and five saddle horses, including the President`s favorite mount.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 124-11.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the George Washington Slept Here, and the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 49.643′ N, 81° 37.337′ W. Marker is in Sylvania, Georgia, in Screven County. Marker is at the intersection of Burton's Ferry Highway (U.S. 301) and Waynsboro Highway (State Highway 24), in the median on Burton's Ferry Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sylvania GA 30467, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Goodall House (here, next to this marker); John Abbot (here, next The 14th Corps (a few steps from this marker); Jacksonboro (a few steps from this marker); Wesleyanna Memorial Church (approx. 4.9 miles away); Sylvania (approx. 5.4 miles away); Screven County (approx. 5.4 miles away); British Army Crossing (approx. 7½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sylvania.
Additional keywords. Washington's Southern Tour
Categories. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 19, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,347 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 19, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.