Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sedona in Coconino County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Carl Richards’ Garage

 
 
Carl Richards' Garage Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Craft, November 4, 2014
1. Carl Richards' Garage Marker
Inscription.
Carl Richards constructed this building in 1947 as his blacksmith shop. At the time, auto garage work was just a sideline. Richards is known as Sedona's first 'Fire Chief' because he kept the town's first fire truck in his garage. If there was a fire, someone had to find Carl to get the keys. The building also served as a community hall for town meetings and dances.
 
Erected by City of Sedona.
 
Location. 34° 52.215′ N, 111° 45.644′ W. Marker is in Sedona, Arizona, in Coconino County. Marker can be reached from Alternate Arizona Route 89 0.1 miles north of Jordan Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 263 State Highway 89-A, Sedona AZ 86336, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rollie's Camera (within shouting distance of this marker); Jordan Sales Building (approx. mile away); Van Deren Ranch (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hart Pump House (approx. half a mile away); The Hart Store, 1926 (approx. half a mile away); Orchards (1890 - 1970) (approx. half a mile away); Jordan Farmhouse (approx. half a mile away); Fruit Packing House (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sedona.
 
More about this marker.
Carl Richards' Garage Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Craft, November 4, 2014
2. Carl Richards' Garage Marker
The marker is attached to the bottom right corner of "The Lambs Shop" sign, Sedona's oldest gift establishment.
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceMan-Made FeaturesNotable Buildings
 
Building that used to house Carl Richards' Garage image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Craft, November 4, 2014
3. Building that used to house Carl Richards' Garage
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 9, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 321 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 9, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement