Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Closter in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Daniel De Clark House

 
 
Daniel De Clark House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, May 23, 2008
1. Daniel De Clark House Marker
Inscription. Built about 1786 by Daniel De Clark, the frame kitchen wing was added in the early 1800s. De Clark operated a large cattle and dairy farm on 170 acres of land. In 1815 son William was the owner and he sold the house to his grandson, Jacob D.C. Outwater, in 1849. Jacob was a farmer who also built and ran a nearby sawmill. The farmhouse passed from the family in 1856. Later it became part of the Palisade Stock Farm.
In National Register of Historic Places

 
Erected by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 65.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society marker series.
 
Location. 40° 58.7′ N, 73° 56.669′ W. Marker is in Closter, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is on Piermont Road (Route 501), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 145 Piermont Road, Closter NJ 07624, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nagel (Naugle) House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Nagel – Auryansen Cemetery (approx. mile away); The Nauglel / Auryansen Cemetery
Marker on Piermont Road image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, May 23, 2008
2. Marker on Piermont Road
(approx. 0.3 miles away); Walter Parcells Homestead (approx. one mile away); The Closter Horseman (approx. 1.1 miles away); Closter Public School (approx. 1.1 miles away); Hilderbrant Naugle House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Reformed Church of Closter (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Closter.
 
Also see . . .  Bergen County Historical Society. (Submitted on May 25, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Daniel De Clark House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, May 23, 2008
3. Daniel De Clark House
The frame kitchen wing of the Daniel De Clark House can be seen on the left of the photo.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 25, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,821 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on May 25, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Paid Advertisement