Sardis in Burke County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Quaker Road
The Quaker Road was one of the longest and most important routes of the Province of Georgia. At this point the original way bore left for a stretch. It rejoins this road some miles to the north.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 017-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 56.186′ N, 81° 43.372′ W. Marker is in Sardis, Georgia, in Burke County. Marker is on Waynesboro Highway (Georgia Route 24), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at the Burke-Screven County line. Marker is in this post office area: Sardis GA 30456, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sardis Baptist Church (approx. 3.1 miles away); Original Site Sardis Baptist Church (approx. 4.1 miles away); British Army Crossing Paris' Mill (approx. 4.2 miles away); Jacksonboro (approx. 9½ miles away); John Abbot (approx. 9½ miles away); Washington's Route (approx. 9½ miles away); The Goodall House (approx. 9½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sardis.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 29, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,412 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 29, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on July 12, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.