Waynesboro in Wayne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Wayne County Civil War Monument
neath the flag
Stars and Bars
true' tis gory,
yet' tis wreathed
around with glory,
and' twill live in
song and story,
though its folds
are in the dust.
by the Lundy
August 2, 1911.
Erected 1911 by the Lundy Gunn Chapter United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 31° 40.484′ N, 88° 38.843′ W. Marker is in Waynesboro, Mississippi, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Chickasawhay Street and Azalea Drive (Mississippi Highway 184), on the right when traveling south on Chickasawhay Street. Touch for map. Located on the east side of the Justice Court building. Marker is at or near this postal address: Chickasawhay Street, Waynesboro MS 39367, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Wayne County War Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Auto Bank (about 600 feet away); Lt. Jake W. Lindsey Highway (about 700 feet away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Philadelphus Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Clinch Gray (approx. 4.5 miles away); Gray Family Cemetery (approx. 4.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waynesboro.
More about this marker. Monument used to be located in front of the Waynesboro High School before the school was torn down.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 18, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 324 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on January 18, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.