Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Haverford in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Thomas Massey House

 
 
Thomas Massey House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, March 10, 2015
1. Thomas Massey House Marker
Inscription. A fine example of early Pennsylvania rural architecture. Brick section was built before 1708 by Thomas Massey, who by 1696 was owner of a 300-acre “plantation” here. An earlier central wooden section was replaced by stone about 1730 by his son. Original wood kitchen replaced by stone about 1800. Room above the kitchen added sixty year later. The house was deeded in 1964 to Marple Township and was restored.
 
Erected 1996 by Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission.
 
Location. 39° 57.945′ N, 75° 21.105′ W. Marker is in Haverford, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Lawrence Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 467 Lawrence Road (SR1020), Haverford PA 19041, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 1696 Massey House (within shouting distance of this marker); Maris House (approx. 1.3 miles away); Culbertson House (approx. 1.5 miles away); Springfield Friends Meeting (approx. 1.6 miles away); Collen Brook Farm (approx. 1.9 miles away); Dr. George Smith (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Battle of Llanerch Crossing (approx. 2.9 miles away); The Llanerch Car Barn (approx. 2.9 miles away).
 
Categories. Colonial EraSettlements & Settlers
 
Thomas Massey House image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, March 10, 2015
2. Thomas Massey House
Thomas Massey House-photo of the back of the house image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, March 10, 2015
3. Thomas Massey House-photo of the back of the house
Thomas Massey House 1696-Sign at the entrance image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, March 10, 2015
4. Thomas Massey House 1696-Sign at the entrance
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 158 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 16, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement