Quaker Meeting Place / Site of First Church and School in Rushcreek Township
Quaker Meeting Place
This cemetery marks the location of a Quaker Meet ing house built before 1820. Wm. Reames, a Revolutionary soldier, and Thomas Stanfield were promoters and mem bers of the society.
Site of First Church and School in Rush Creek Township
This Friends meeting house was also used as a school for Quaker children. Later it became the first public school in the township.
Erected 1951 by Logan County Historical Society.
Location. 40° 24.789′ N, 83° 42.899′ W. Marker is near Bellefontaine, Ohio, in Logan County. Marker is on Rushsylvania Pike (County Route 9), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4056 Co Highway 9, Bellefontaine OH 43311, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ohio State Eagles Recreation Park (approx. 1.8 miles away); Remembrance 1951- 1969 (approx. 2.9 miles away); Ohio Hi Point Career Center (approx. 2.9 miles away); Campbell Hill (approx. 3 miles away); Bellefontaine War Memorial
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Education • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 13, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 291 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. submitted on May 13, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.