Clay in Onondaga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Sacred area for natives
fishing and fording place.
Site of massacre of
Erected 2009 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Location. 43° 12.488′ N, 76° 12.311′ W. Marker is in Clay, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is on Oak Orchard Road 0.2 miles west of Henry Clay Boulevard, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4412 Oak Orchard Road, Clay NY 13041, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pine Plains (approx. 1.3 miles away); Cigarville Station (approx. 2.2 miles away); Nathan Teall (approx. 3.4 miles away); Techiroguen (approx. 3.9 miles away); Near This Spot (approx. 4 miles away); Oliver Stevens (approx. 4 miles away); a different marker also named Oliver Stevens (approx. 4 miles away); Fort Brewerton (approx. 4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clay.
Also see . . . History of Clay, NY - Ray's Place. FROM: History of Onondaga County, New York With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches. By: Professor W. W. Clayton Published By D. Mason & Co., Syracuse NY 1878.
"At Oak Orchard Reefs, (Submitted on May 31, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 31, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 347 times since then and 85 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 31, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.