Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Columbus in Lowndes County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Beersheba Cumberland Presbyterian Church and Cemetery

 
 
Beersheba Cumberland Presbyterian Church and Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
By Davis Darryl Hartness, August 30, 2007
1. Beersheba Cumberland Presbyterian Church and Cemetery Marker
Inscription. The Beersheba Cumberland Presbyterian Church became part of the Tombecbee Presbytery in 1825 and joined the New Hope Cumberland Presbytery in 1866. The cemetery was established in 1827 and contains the graves of many veterans. The date Beersheba Cumberland was organized is not known.
 
Erected 1992 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
 
Location. 33° 28.143′ N, 88° 18.078′ W. Marker is near Columbus, Mississippi, in Lowndes County. Marker is on Beersheba Road. Touch for map. It is at the southeast corner of the cemetery. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1736 Beersheba Rd, Columbus MS 39702, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Barksdale (approx. 2.9 miles away); Brownlee Family Cemetery - 1825 (approx. 4 miles away); Rural Hill School (approx. 4.1 miles away); Baldwin Locomotive No. 601 (approx. 6.7 miles away); Demonstration School (approx. 7 miles away); Mississippi State College for Women (approx. 7.1 miles away); C.S.A. Arsenal (approx. 7.2 miles away); Church of the Annunciation (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
 
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 22, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 22, 2008, by Davis Darryl Hartness of Columbus, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 1,928 times since then and 35 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on June 22, 2008, by Davis Darryl Hartness of Columbus, Mississippi. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photograph of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement