Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Meadville in Crawford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Meadville Market House

 
 
Meadville Market House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Forest McDermott, July 4, 2015
1. Meadville Market House Marker
Inscription. Built in 1870, enlarged in 1916, rescued in 1970 by a community drive, the Meadville Market House is the oldest continuous use market structure in Pennsylvania. Here, in the ancient tradition, farmers and local craftsmen still present their goods for sale.
 
Erected 1997 by Erected by the Crawford County Historical Society – Donated by Sunrise Kiwanis.
 
Location. 41° 38.324′ N, 80° 9.213′ W. Marker is in Meadville, Pennsylvania, in Crawford County. Marker is on 900-902 Market Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in front of the Market House between the streets of W. Cherry and Chestnut. Marker is in this post office area: Meadville PA 16335, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Meadville Woolen Mills (a few steps from this marker); The Kepler Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Roddy Law Office (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic District (about 300 feet away); The Spirella Company (about 300 feet away); Library Hall (about 300 feet away); First Christian Church (about 600 feet away); Chamber of Commerce (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Meadville.
 
Categories. AgricultureIndustry & Commerce
 
Meadville Market House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Forest McDermott, July 4, 2015
2. Meadville Market House Marker
Market is on the left and Market Street on the right.
Meadville Market House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Forest McDermott, July 4, 2015
3. Meadville Market House Marker
Marker is in front of the Market House in the photo.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2015, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 191 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2015, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement