Moose in Teton County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
The Maud Noble Cabin
† † † This cabin, erected on its present site in 1917 by Miss Maud Noble, has been preserved and renovated to commemorate a meeting held here on the evening of July 26, 1923, at which Mr. Struthers Burt, Dr. Horace Carncross, Mr. John L. Eynon, Mr. J. R. Jones and Mr. Richard Winger, all resident of Jackson Hole, presented to Mr. Horace M. Albright, then Superintendent of Yellowstone National Park, a plan for setting aside a portion of Jackson Hole as a National Recreation Area for the use and enjoyment of the people of the United States. The purpose of that plan has been accomplished by the establishment and enlargement of the Grand Teton National Park.
† † † The broad vision and patriotic foresight of those who met here that July evening in 1923 will be increasingly appreciated by our country with the passing years.
Erected by Jackson Preserve, Incorporated.
Location. 43° 39.498′ N, 110° 42.808′ W. Marker is in Moose, Wyoming, in Teton County. Marker can be reached from Menors Ferry Road. Touch for map. Marker is located in Grand Teton National Park, along the Menors Ferry Trail. Marker is in this post office area: Moose WY 83012, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of A National Park Takes Root (here, next to this marker); Menorís Ferry (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); “Mean and Menor” (about 400 feet away); Walk Back in Time (about 400 feet away); Water Filter (about 500 feet away); Staying Cool (about 500 feet away); Making it Last (about 600 feet away); A Spiritual Heart in the Park (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Moose.
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 22, 2015, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 151 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 22, 2015, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.