Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Walker in Livingston Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Walker, Louisiana

 
 
Walker, Louisiana Marker image. Click for full size.
September 4, 2015
1. Walker, Louisiana Marker
Inscription. Originally named Milton Old Field for Michael Milton who claimed land in 1853. Walker post office established in 1856. Named for Wm. E. Walker, MD, state legislator and organizer of Co. D 16th LA Inf., CSA. Town incorporated in 1909.
 
Erected by Town of Walker.
 
Location. 30° 29.271′ N, 90° 51.819′ W. Marker is in Walker, Louisiana, in Livingston Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Florida Boulevard (U.S. 190) and Aster Street, on the right when traveling east on Florida Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Walker LA 70785, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hebron Baptist Church (approx. 5.9 miles away); Denham Springs (approx. 5.9 miles away); Livingston Parish (approx. 6.8 miles away); Watson (approx. 8.1 miles away); Indians Along Amite River (approx. 8.2 miles away); Salem Baptist Church (approx. 9.7 miles away); Greenwell Springs (approx. 9.9 miles away); Parish of St. Alphonsus Liguori (approx. 10.1 miles away).
 
Categories. Settlements & SettlersWar, US Civil
 
Walker, Louisiana Marker image. Click for full size.
September 4, 2015
2. Walker, Louisiana Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2015. This page has been viewed 216 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 6, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement