Prairie Grove in Washington County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Cumberland Presbyterian Church
Church. Used as
a hospital during
the battle of Prairie
Grove 1862 marked
by Prairie Grove
Chapter U.D.C. 1930.
Erected 1930 by Prairie Grove Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 35° 58.547′ N, 94° 19.116′ W. Marker is in Prairie Grove, Arkansas, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of West Buchanan Street (U.S. 62) and Katie Smith Street, on the right when traveling west on West Buchanan Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Prairie Grove AR 72753, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hindman Hall Museum (approx. 0.7 miles away); General Shaver's Headquarters (approx. 0.7 miles away); Battlefield Park (approx. 0.7 miles away); Battle of Prairie Grove (approx. 0.7 miles away); March of the Armies (approx. 0.7 miles away); Historic Wall (approx. 0.7 miles away); Major General Thomas C. Hindman (approx. 0.7 miles away); Generals James G. Blunt and Francis J. Herron (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Prairie Grove.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 11, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 694 times since then and 24 times this year. Last updated on September 9, 2015, by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 11, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.