Harding in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Morristown National Historical Park
In 1780-81, Pennsylvania troops commanded by General Anthony Wayne occupied the huts Handís Brigades had used the previous winter. The Pennsylvanians mutinied on New Yearís Day, 1781, and marched to Piladelphia to present their grievances to the Continental Congress.
They finally moved from the ground about 11 oíclock at night scouring the grand parade with round and grape shot from four field pieces, the troops advancing in a Sold Column with fixed bayonets.
Erected by Morristown National Historical Park .
Location. 40° 45.748′ N, 74° 32.467′ W. Marker is in Harding, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker can be reached from Jockey Hollow Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morristown NJ 07960, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Aqueduct Trail (within shouting distance of this marker); Roads (about 300 feet away, measured in Captain Adam Bettin (about 300 feet away); The Wick Farm (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named The Wick Farm (about 600 feet away); Wick Farm Garden (about 800 feet away); The Connecticut Line (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Second Maryland Brigade (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harding.
Also see . . .
1. Morristown National Historical Park. National Park Service. (Submitted on July 5, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Edward Hand. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on July 5, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Military • Notable Persons • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 873 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 5, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.