Near Julesburg in Garza County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Founded on open range, 1878, brand was owned in 1881 by R. H. Overall.
Acquired 1901 by W. E. Connell, who had about 200 sections of land.
Ranch house a community center - for barbecues, roundups, parties. In 1907 it was site of election organizing Garza County.
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3643.)
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 33° 6.184′ N, 101° 15.689′ W. Marker was near Julesburg, Texas, in Garza County. Marker was on U.S. 84 0.4 miles south of County Road 298, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located at southern end of southbound roadside parking/picnic area. Marker was at or near this postal address: US Highway 84, Justiceburg TX 79330, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Llano Estacado (a few steps from this marker); Terrace Cemetery Gateway (approx. 8.2 miles away); Terrace Cemetery (approx. 8.2 miles away); Post (approx. 8.6 miles away); Postex Cotton Mill Garza County (approx. 8.8 miles away); The Post-Hundley House (approx. 9.2 miles away); Old Post High School (approx. 9.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Texas State Historical Society article of OS Ranch & brand. (Submitted on September 16, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 30, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 16, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 392 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 16, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. 3. submitted on November 28, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 4. submitted on September 16, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.