Pluckemin in Somerset County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Washington’s Route from Princeton to Morristown
with his army
retired to Morristown
after his victory
January – 1777
Erected by the
Erected by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 38.81′ N, 74° 38.426′ W. Marker is in Pluckemin, New Jersey, in Somerset County. Marker is on U.S. 202, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pluckemin NJ 07978, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Washington’s Route from Princeton to Morristown (within shouting distance of this marker); Artillery Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); General Highway Administration 1893-1993 (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Jacobus Vanderveer House (approx. 1.4 miles away); a different marker also named The Jacobus Vanderveer House (approx. 1.4 miles away); Purvis James Boatwright Jr. Moggy Hollow (approx. 2 miles away); Bedminster War Memorials (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pluckemin.
More about this marker. This is one of a series of markers placed by the DAR indicating Washington’s route from the Battle of Princeton to the encampment in Morristown.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
A list of markers along the route Washington’s Army took from Princeton to Morristown. It's best to study them in the order shown.
Also see . . . New Jersey During the Revolution. Website that details the Revolutionary War in New Jersey. Included are the Battle of Princeton and the encampments at Morristown. (Submitted on July 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Military • Notable Events • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 943 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.