Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Fort Oglethorpe in Walker County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Longstreet's Corps Headquarters

Maj. Gen. John B. Hood

 
 
Longstreet's Corps Headquarters Marker image. Click for full size.
By Brandon Fletcher, July 14, 2008
1. Longstreet's Corps Headquarters Marker
Inscription.
Headquarters
Longstreet's Corps
Maj. Gen. John B. Hood
Sept. 20, 1863, Noon

 
Erected 1893 by Chickamauga National Miltary Battlefield. (Marker Number MT-450.)
 
Location. 34° 55.165′ N, 85° 15.896′ W. Marker is in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, in Walker County. Marker is on Vittetoe Chickamauga Road north of Dyer Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chickamauga GA 30707, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John B. Hood (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Croxton's Brigade. (about 400 feet away); Kershaw's Brigade (about 500 feet away); Brannan's Division (approx. 0.2 miles away); 15th Georgia Infantry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Negley's Division (approx. 0.2 miles away); Woods Division (approx. 0.2 miles away); 20th Georgia Infantry (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Oglethorpe.
 
Also see . . .  Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park. National Park Service (Submitted on September 25, 2015.) 
 
Categories. War, US Civil
 
Longstreet's Corps Headquarters Marker image. Click for full size.
By Brandon Fletcher, July 14, 2008
2. Longstreet's Corps Headquarters Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 24, 2015, by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 157 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 24, 2015, by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement