Corinth in Alcorn County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Corinth Confederate Monument
2nd Texas Reg't.
Killed at Ft. Robinette
Oct. 4, 1862.
As long as courage, manliness and
patriotism exist, the name of
Rogers will be honored among
men. He fell in the front of
battle in the center of the
enemies stronghold. He sleeps
and glory is his sentinel.
tribute to the memory
of the Confederate
patriots who fell at
the Battle of Corinth
in October 1862
"On Fame's eternal camping ground,
Their silent tents are spread,
And Glory guards with solemn round,
The bivouac of the dead."
Erected 1895 by Albert Sydney Johnston Camp of Confederate Veterans.
Location. 34° 56.095′ N, 88° 31.162′ W. Marker is in Corinth, Mississippi, in Alcorn County. Marker is at the intersection of Franklin Street and East Waldron Street, on the left when traveling south on Franklin Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 600 E Waldron St, Corinth MS 38834, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of the Provost Marshal's Office (about 400 feet away, measured in Site of the Corinth House Hotel (about 500 feet away); Corinth (about 600 feet away); Johnston's Headquarters (about 700 feet away); Site of Rose Cottage (about 700 feet away); Grantís Headquarters (about 700 feet away); The Old Tishomingo Hotel (about 700 feet away); View Toward Batteries Robinett and Williams (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corinth.
More about this marker. The monument was erected in the intersection of Waldron & Frankin Streets. In 1916 it was moved to the southwest corner of the Alcorn County Court Square.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 25, 2015, by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 251 times since then and 75 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 25, 2015, by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.