Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Vina in Tehama County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Lassen Trail - Lassen Rancho Site

 
 
Lassen Trail - Lassen Rancho Site Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, August 24, 2015
1. Lassen Trail - Lassen Rancho Site Marker
Inscription.
"At Lassens ... saw many of the emigrants arriving here. They are broken down with the fatigue. Young men made old & stiff. Many dying with dysentary, fever, scurvey" - Pardon Tiffany, Oct 10, 1849
Guidebook available Tails West Inc. P.O. Box 12045 Reno, NV 89510

 
Erected 1998 by Trails West Inc. (Marker Number L-62.)
 
Location. 39° 56.034′ N, 122° 3.45′ W. Marker is near Vina, California, in Tehama County. Marker is at the intersection of Seventh Street and C Street, on the right when traveling west on Seventh Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 26240 Seventh Street, Vina CA 96092, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Western Star Lodge No. 2 Free and Accepted Masons (approx. one mile away); Maywood Woman's Clubhouse (approx. 6.4 miles away); The Hotel Maywood (approx. 6 miles away); Miners Inn (approx. 6.6 miles away); First Seat of Tehama County Government (approx. 7.2 miles away); The Tehama Railroad Bridge (approx. 7.3 miles away); Tehama County Museum Foundation (approx. 7.3 miles away); Old Tehama County Jail (approx. 7.4 miles away).
 
More about this marker.
Lassen Trail - Lassen Rancho Site Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, August 24, 2015
2. Lassen Trail - Lassen Rancho Site Marker
This marker is almost lost in the brush.
The marker is located at the entrance to the New Clairvaux vineyard, formerly the site of Peter Lassen's Rancho Bosquejo.
 
Also see . . .  Rancho Bosquejo - Wikipedia. Rancho Bosquejo (also called "Lassen's Rancho") was a 22,206-acre (89.86 km2) Mexican land grant in present day Tehama County, California given in 1844 by Governor Manuel Micheltorena to Peter Lassen. The name means "Wooded Ranch" in Spanish. The grant extended along the east bank of the Sacramento River south of Rancho Rio de los Molinos and Toomes Creek, and encompassed present day Vina on Deer Creek. (Submitted on September 29, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.) 
 
Categories. Roads & VehiclesSettlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 29, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 158 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 29, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.
Paid Advertisement