Millford in Chemung County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In Honor of Major General John Sullivan
Major General John Sullivan
of New Hampshire
held a command under a large oak tree, while on a military expedition against the Six Nations of Indians, in the year 1779 after which event this lodge derived its name.
This memorial erected by Old Oak Lodge No. 253 F.& A.M. of Millport and dedicated with masonic ceremonies
September 9, 1922.
Erected 1922 by Old Oak Lodge No. 253 F.& A.M. of Millport.
Location. 42° 15.917′ N, 76° 50.083′ W. Marker is in Millford, New York, in Chemung County. Marker is at the intersection of New York State Route 14 and Crescent Street, on the left when traveling north on State Route 14. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Millport NY 14864, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Green Bently (approx. 0.4 miles away); Military Route (approx. half a mile away); Site of Catharine's Town (approx. 5 miles away); She-Qua-Ga (approx. 5.6 miles away); James A. Shepard Catherine's Landing (approx. 5.7 miles away); Chemung Canal (approx. 6 miles away); Chemung Canal Feeder (approx. 6.7 miles away); Horseheads (approx. 6.8 miles away); a different marker also named Horseheads (approx. 6.9 miles away).
Categories. • Native Americans • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2015, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 152 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 8, 2015, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.