Alpine in Lincoln County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
Dedicated July 4, 1939, to commemorate the opening of the Snake River Canyon Road.
Built by Civilian Conservation Corps.
Reconstructed by the Town of Alpine.
Dedicated July 4, 1990, for "Wyoming's Centennial" as a Lasting Legacy-Project.
Erected 1990 by Town of Alpine.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Civilian Conservation Corps marker series.
Location. 43° 9.611′ N, 111° 1.549′ W. Marker is in Alpine, Wyoming, in Lincoln County. Marker is on U.S. 89 near River Circle, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 116486 U.S. Highway 89, Alpine WY 83128, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Baker Cabin (approx. 9.1 miles away); Tincup Creek (approx. 15.2 miles away in Idaho).
Also see . . . The Austrians and the Indians - Native American Netroots. (John Jacob) Astor envisioned a chain of trading posts on the upper Missouri River and a fleet (Submitted on November 13, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 13, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 206 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 13, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.