Near Junction in Kimble County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old Bear Creek Texas Ranger Camp
(300 yards south)
Ranger protection given from this camp (used until mid-1880s) opened the way for peaceful settlement in Kimble and nearby counties.
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Commitee. (Marker Number 3636.)
Location. 30° 31.274′ N, 99° 49.39′ W. Marker is near Junction, Texas, in Kimble County. Marker is on Ranch to Market Road 1674 1.2 miles west of County Route 271, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Junction TX 76849, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Campsite of Marques de Rubi, 1767 (here, next to this marker); Isaac Kountz (approx. 3.6 miles away); Vicinity of Bradbury Settlement (approx. 3.7 miles away); Major William Addison Spencer John Sterling Durst (approx. 4.1 miles away); Coke R. Stevenson (approx. 4.1 miles away); Colonel John Griffith (approx. 4.1 miles away); Burt M. Fleming Memorial (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Junction.
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 21, 2015, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. This page has been viewed 184 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 21, 2015, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.