Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Military Road
old military road fortified
in 1759 by General Amherst
prior to the siege at
Erected by Daughters of the American Revolution, Ticonderoga Chapter.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 43° 50.256′ N, 73° 25.382′ W. Marker is in Ticonderoga, New York, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of The Portage and Crown Heights, on the right on The Portage. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ticonderoga NY 12883, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. From this point south… (approx. 0.4 miles away); Artillery Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); Military Heroes of Ticonderoga (approx. half a mile away); Lord Howe’s Grave (approx. half a mile away); Men of Ticonderoga (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Power of Water Hon. Clayton Harris DeLano (approx. ¾ mile away); Grand Carry Landing (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ticonderoga.
Also see . . .
1. Siege of Ticonderoga, 6-8 July 1758. (Submitted on July 12, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. The Siege of Fort Ticonderoga. The American Revolution. (Submitted on July 12, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Military • War, French and Indian •
More. Search the internet for Old Military Road.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 12, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,494 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 12, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.