Sheridan in Sheridan County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
The Pipe of Peace
was solemnly terminated here on July 20 1932 when the chiefs of both Nations smoked the Pipe of Peace and took each others hands in friendship.
Erected by Sheridan Wyo Rodeo Inc.
Location. 44° 48.309′ N, 106° 58.888′ W. Marker is in Sheridan, Wyoming, in Sheridan County. Marker is on West 5th Steet near Long Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1614 West 5th Street, Sheridan WY 82801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Trail End (approx. 0.8 miles away); General George Crook (approx. 0.9 miles away); First Cabin in Sheridan (approx. 1.3 miles away); Historic Sheridan Inn (approx. 1.4 miles away); Class 0-5-A Mohawk Locomotive (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Black Diamonds of Sheridan County (approx. 2 miles away); The Black Diamond Trail (approx. 2 miles away); The Sheridan Railway Company (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sheridan.
More about this marker. This marker
Categories. • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 11, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 110 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 11, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.