Canyon in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Dyer did first Panhandle farming. Sold 1878, to Gunter, Summerfield and Munson. Became center of area ranching and development.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1967
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5174.)
Location. 34° 58.835′ N, 101° 54.979′ W. Marker is in Canyon, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is on 25th Street north of 4th Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Canyon TX 79015, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Georgia O'Keeffe in Canyon (within shouting distance of this marker); The Charles Goodnight Memorial Trail (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Buffalo Courts (approx. 0.2 miles away); First National Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mary E. Hudspeth House (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Methodist Church (approx. half a mile away); First Baptist Church (approx. half a mile away); Site of Wagon Yard (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canyon.
Categories. • Agriculture •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 11, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 181 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 11, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.