Ringgold in Catoosa County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Western & Atlantic Depot
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 023-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 54.912′ N, 85° 6.467′ W. Marker is in Ringgold, Georgia, in Catoosa County. Marker is at the intersection of Nashville Street (U.S. 41) and Depot Street, on the right when traveling north on Nashville Street. Touch for map. In front of the depot, facing Depot Street at US 41/GA 2 (Nashville Street) in Ringgold. Marker is in this post office area: Ringgold GA 30736, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Battle of Chickamauga (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Actions At Ringgold (approx. 0.2 miles away); Catoosa County War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Confederate Hospitals (approx. 0.2 miles away); Catoosa County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Flame of Freedom (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Whitman House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ringgold Gap (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ringgold.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 16, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,664 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 16, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on April 25, 2010, by Karl Stelly of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.