Pleasant Ridge in Greene County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Pleasant Ridge Presbyterian Church
There were thirteen charter members. Services were held in a home near site of present church. The first pastor, Rev. J. P. McMullen, served from 1855 until he was killed while serving the Confederacy at Resaca, Ga. 1864.
The church building was erected in 1859, and has been a blessing to all who have worshipped here through the years.
Erected 1976 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 33° 0.766′ N, 88° 5.142′ W. Marker is in Pleasant Ridge, Alabama, in Greene County. Marker is on Pleasant Ridge Road 0.2 miles south of Alabama Route 14, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Pleasant Ridge Road, Eutaw AL 35462, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Memory of James McCrory (approx. 3.4 miles away); Alabama, Tennessee & Northern Railroad Depot (approx. 8.8 miles away); Aliceville Prisoner of War Camp (approx. 8.8 miles away); George Downer Field Aliceville First Baptist Church (approx. 9 miles away); R. J. Kirksey High School (approx. 9½ miles away); a different marker also named Aliceville First Baptist Church (approx. 11.3 miles away); Town of Gainesville (approx. 13.8 miles away).
Also see . . . Early History of the Pleasant Ridge Presbyterian Church. (Submitted on February 20, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 20, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 313 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 20, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.