Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
The Pantheon of the Nation
El Panteón de la Patria
Templo de San Ignacio de Loyola
Iglesia de la Compañía de Jesús
Se terminó su construcción hacia 1745, como templo y
aula magna de la Real y Pontificia Universidad de
Santiago de la Paz (1745-1767)
De 1792 a 1798 fue la capilla del Seminario Real y
Conciliar de San Fernando.
Mediante Ley No. 4463 del 2 de junio de 1956
fue consagrada como
Panteón de la Patria
para acoger en un ambiente religioso, de amor y
veneración, los restos de las figuras que han merecido
el reconocimiento eterno de la República
¡Gloria a nuestros hombres y mujeres ilustres!
16 de agosto de 2014
Ministry of Culture
Temple of St. Ignatius Loyola
Church of the Company of Jesus
Its construction was finished around 1745 for use as a temple and as the main classroom of the Royal and Pontifical University of Santiago de la Paz (1745-1767). From 1792-1798 it was the chapel of the Royal Seminary and Conciliar de San Fernando. On June 2, 1956 the Law No. 4463 consecrated it as the
Pantheon of the Nation
where the remains of those who have earned the eternal recognition of the Republic can be kept in a religious environment of love and veneration.
Glory to our illustrious men and
August 16, 2014
Location. 18° 28.502′ N, 69° 52.975′ W. Marker is in Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional. Marker is on Calle Las Damas, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional 10210, Dominican Republic.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Dávila House (a few steps from this marker); House of the Jesuits (within shouting distance of this marker); Chapel of Our Lady of the Remedies (within shouting distance of this marker); Christopher Columbus' Last Residence (within shouting distance of this marker); The French Embassy (within shouting distance of this marker); The Residence of Treasurer Cristóbal de Santa Clara (within shouting distance of this marker); The House of the Rectory (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Palace of the Governors (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santo Domingo.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion • Patriots & Patriotism •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on March 2, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 212 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 2, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.