Sunbury in Liberty County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Saint John's Lodge Number Six
Annual returns were made to the Grand Lodge back to 1787 and the Lodge was admitted to full participation with the following officers recognized: Adam Alexander, Worshipful Master; William Peacock, Senior Warden; Andrew Maybank, Junior Warden; Thomas Lancaster, Treasurer; Daniel Stewart, Secretary; Nathan Dryer, Senior Deacon; John Bilheimer, Junior Deacon; James Roberts, Steward; Samuel Law, Steward; and George C. Somerall, Tyler.
On November 4, 1805, John and Rebecca Couper gave to the Lodge, lot No. 77 of the Town of Sunbury, situate a few hundred feet north of this marker, upon which to erect a Lodge building.
Erected by Grand Lodge of Georgia Harvey C. Stephens, Grand Master -- Daniel W. Locklin,Grand Secretary Dewey W. Wollstein, Chairman, Historical Commission.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Midway GA 31320, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sunbury (here, next to this marker); The Dead Town Of Sunbury (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Sunbury Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sunbury Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named The Sunbury Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Famous Sunbury "Masonic" Oak (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fort Morris (approx. 0.6 miles away); Colonel's Island (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sunbury.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,614 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 18, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.