Grafton in Worcester County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 12.408′ N, 71° 41.109′ W. Marker is in Grafton, Massachusetts, in Worcester County. Marker is on Grafton Town Common. Touch for map. Marker located on Town Common at intersection of Worcester Street, Millbury Street and South Street. Marker is in this post office area: Grafton MA 01519, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Thomas Hooker Trail (approx. 0.7 miles away); Indian Reservation (approx. one mile away); The Old Connecticut Path (approx. 4.5 miles away); Jonas Rice (approx. 5.8 miles away); Wigwam Hill (approx. 6 miles away); Samuel Leonardson (approx. 6.1 miles away but has been reported missing); Worcester (approx. 6.4 miles away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grafton.
More about this marker.
Also see . . .
1. Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on June 8, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
2. Grafton Historical Society. The Grafton Historical Society, incorporated in 1964, is a private organization that collects, preserves and interprets objects related to the history of Grafton, Massachusetts. The office and museum are located in the Lower Level of the Grafton Town House (the former Town Hall). (Submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 8, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 614 times since then and 53 times this year. Last updated on March 14, 2016, by Robert Aberg of Grafton, Massachusetts. Photos: 1. submitted on June 8, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. 2, 3. submitted on March 14, 2016, by Robert Aberg of Grafton, Massachusetts. 4. submitted on October 24, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. 5. submitted on June 8, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.