Washington in Wilkes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Site of the Episcopal Church of the Mediator
of the Mediator
The sanctuary, with a triptych
stained glass window, measured
26' x 72'. Choir & vestry rooms
adjoined. 1st service 16-17 March
1879. 1895 the entire block burned
to the ground.
Erected by Wilkes-Washington Historic Foundation.
Location. 33° 44.217′ N, 82° 44.417′ W. Marker is in Washington, Georgia, in Wilkes County. Marker is on West Robert Toombs Avenue (U.S. 72), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Washington GA 30673, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Benson Block (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the Confederate Commissary & Quartermaster's Stores (within shouting distance of this marker); Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Busy Bee Cafe (within shouting distance of this marker); Cleveland's Corner (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); T.C. Hogue Building (about 300 feet away); Lindsey Chevrolet Co. First Building (about 300 feet away); Washington-Wilkes Firsts (about 300 feet away); Black Patriots Monument (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Washington.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 23, 2016, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 116 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 23, 2016, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.