Fenton in Genesee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1889 A.J. Phillips Work Oﬃce
Initially producing wood products, Mr. Phillips invented the sliding window screen. The demand prompted a huge factory complex covering 12 acres.
1913-The factory was sold to Henry C. Koppin to hand assemble the "Fenton Cyclecar".
Erected by Fenton Community Fund and Community Foundation of Greater Flint.
Location. 42° 47.638′ N, 83° 42.326′ W. Marker is in Fenton, Michigan, in Genesee County. Marker is at the intersection of Mill Street and South Leroy Streeet, on the left when traveling west on Mill Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 South Leroy Street, Fenton MI 48430, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1837-Riggs Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); 1840 Grindstone from Fenton Mills (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dibbleville Business District II (about 400 feet away); 1834 Clark Dibble Settlement (about 400 feet away); 1838 Judge Daniel LeRoy's Law Office (about 400 feet away); Saint Jude's Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); Fenton United Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); Fenton House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fenton.
Also see . . . Cyclecar (Wikipedia). (Submitted on May 21, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 21, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 139 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 21, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.