Toledo in Lucas County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Medical College of Ohio
—Ohio Historical Marker —
Erected 1988 by Medical College of Ohio, Toledo Sesquicentennial Commission, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 24-48.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 41° 36.805′ N, 83° 37.069′ W. Marker is in Toledo, Ohio, in Lucas County. Marker is on MUOT Boulevard north of Glendale Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is located on the grounds of the Medical College of Ohio. Marker is in this post office area: Toledo OH 43614, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Toledo State Hospital New Cemetery, 1922-1973 (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Toledo State Hospital Old Cemetery, 1888-1922 (approx. 1.1 The Toledo Zoo / Toledo's Canals (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Toledo Zoo / The New Deal in Toledo (approx. 2 miles away); Lucas County Children's Home (approx. 2.4 miles away); to Hull's Crossing / to River Raisin (approx. 2.6 miles away but has been reported missing); The Great Trail (approx. 2.6 miles away); The Indian Wars (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Toledo.
Regarding Medical College of Ohio. On March 31, 2006, the then Ohio governor of Ohio, Bob Taft, signed House Bill 478, which merged the University of Toledo with what was then known as the Medical University of Ohio (MUO), effective July 1, 2006. Upon the completion of this merger the new medical facility was known as, The University of Toledo Medical Center (UTMC).
Categories. • Education • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 10, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 22, 2016, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 98 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 10, 2016, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.