Near Sulphur Springs in Crawford County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Remembering Our Veterans of Early Wars
Adam Link, one of the last Revolutionary War soldiers in America, is buried in Union Cemetery. He, in a particular sense, gives honor to the village of Sulphur Springs. Adam was born November 14, 1761 near Hagerstown, Maryland. He served three enlistments with the Pennsylvania militia in the cause of the Revolutionary War against the British. Private Link died in Liberty Township on August 15, 1864, at the age of 102.
Excerpts from the 1933 Sulphur Springs Centennial History
Location. 40° 53.144′ N, 82° 51.299′ W. Marker is near Sulphur Springs, Ohio, in Crawford County. Marker is on Ohio Route 602 north of Paris Street (Ohio Route 98), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Cemetery is northeast of the village of Sulphur Springs, just south of Broken Sword Creek. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5004 OH 602, Bucyrus OH 44820, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Knisley Springs Farm (approx. 3.6 miles away); The Village of New Washington / The New Washington Band To the Memory of Colonel Wm. Crawford (approx. 7.2 miles away); Crawford County (approx. 8.2 miles away); First Lieutenant Harry L. Martin (approx. 8.2 miles away); Seccaium (approx. 8.3 miles away); Olentangy Battle (approx. 8.3 miles away); Big Four Depot (approx. 11.1 miles away).
Regarding Remembering Our Veterans of Early Wars. Adjacent to the marker is a small mound of earth, covered with bronze flag holders and flags representing all wars involving US Veterans. Also, nearby is the grave of Adam Link.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 23, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 145 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 23, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.