Sinclairville in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Fortiﬁed Village of Erie Indians
of Erie Indians
probably destroyed by the Iroquois about 1650
Erected 1982 by Valley Historical Society.
Location. 42° 15.896′ N, 79° 15.459′ W. Marker is in Sinclairville, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Street (County Route 49) and Church Street, on the right when traveling north on Park Street. Touch for map. Marker is within a linear green space sandwiched between Park Street and Parkway Drive. Marker is in this post office area: Sinclairville NY 14782, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Honoring (within shouting distance of this marker); Jack W. Brunson (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Town of Gerry Veterans Memorial (approx. 4½ miles away); Dedicated to All (approx. 6 miles away); Lily Dale Assembly (approx. 6.9 miles away); First Cheese Factory (approx. 7.2 miles away); Memorial (approx. 8.3 miles away); These Mill Stones (approx. 8.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sinclairville.
Categories. • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2017. This page originally submitted on May 25, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 206 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 25, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.