Near Enoree in Spartanburg County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Into the Backcountry
Around 1774, Edward Musgrove had built his home and gristmill on the Enoree River. By the summer of 1780, he and his family would be wrapped up in events they could not have foreseen.
Erected by South Carolina State Park Service.
Location. 34° 35.834′ N, 81° 51.203′ W. Marker is near Enoree, South Carolina, in Spartanburg County. Marker can be reached from Horseshoe Falls Road (State Highway S-42-10) 1.4 miles south of State Highway 56, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. This marker is one of a series along the Musgrove Mill Battlefield Trail. The trail starts at a parking area and leads to a loop where the main battle action occurred. This marker is approximately 830 feet from the start of the trail. Marker is in this post office area: Enoree SC 29335, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking A Band of Brothers (within shouting distance of this marker); Americans in British Uniform (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); True to Their King (about 500 feet away); A Bad Situation Gets Worse (approx. 0.2 miles away); A Rare Glimpse of a Crucial Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); Inman's Men Bait the Trap (approx. 0.2 miles away); Winning the Battle & the War (approx. 0.2 miles away); Where There's a Mill... (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Enoree.
More about this marker. The first part of the Battlefield Trail, where this marker is located, is within view of the spectacular Horseshoe Falls on Cedar Shoals Creek.
Regarding Into the Backcountry. At the top left is a faded map showing the "Carolina Backcountry," At the bottom left is an image of "The Battle of Camden" which was fought three days before the Battle of Musgrove's Mill.
Additional keywords. Musgrove's Mill, Battle
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 31, 2016, by David Graff of Halifax, Nova Scotia. This page has been viewed 162 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 31, 2016, by David Graff of Halifax, Nova Scotia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.