St. Mary’s City in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Mary’s City
Capital of Maryland, 1634–1694
Erected by the Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 38° 11.157′ N, 76° 25.926′ W. Marker is in St. Mary’s City, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker is at the intersection of Point Lookout Road (Maryland Route 5) and Old State House Road, on the right when traveling south on Point Lookout Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Marys City MD 20686, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Leonard Calvert (here, next to this marker); The Arrival of Governor Copley (about 600 feet away, measured in a Mathias de Sousa (about 700 feet away); Discovering Layers of the Past (about 700 feet away); Upon This Shore (about 700 feet away); Governing (about 700 feet away); In 1648 Margaret Brent Asks for “Vote...And Voyce” (about 700 feet away); Sharing Land and Legacy (approx. 0.2 miles away); The St. Mary’s Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fear of War, People of Peace (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Mary’s City.
Also see . . . Historic St. Mary’s City. (Submitted on April 20, 2007.)
Categories. • Civil Rights • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 20, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,214 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 20, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. 3. submitted on April 20, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.