Commanding Oﬃcer’s Quarters
Fort Abraham Lincoln
In February 1874, a fire destroyed the original buildings and most of its furnishing. It was rebuilt during the summer of 1874 incorporating several features suggested by the Custers. The original home contained five fireplaces, a parlor, dining room, bedrooms kitchen, pantry and cellar. The second home included an expanded parlor with bay window, a dressing room off the main floor bedroom, a large porch and an addition to the rear of the house. Further information and exhibits on the Custer House can be found inside. Plans for this reconstructed second house were gathered from old records and correspondence, and an archeological survey of the foundation.
Location. 46° 45.971′ N, 100° 50.851′ W. Marker is in Mandan, North Dakota, in Morton County. Marker is on Fort Lincoln Road. Touch for map. This marker is on the grounds of Fort Abraham Lincoln. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4480 Fort Lincoln Road, Mandan ND 58554, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 13, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 12, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 150 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 12, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.