Claude in Armstrong County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Farming was introduced after the railroad came through, 1887. County was organized in 1890. Present courthouse was built 1912.
Erected 1969 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 202.)
Location. 35° 6.573′ N, 101° 21.527′ W. Marker is in Claude, Texas, in Armstrong County. Marker is at the intersection of First Street (U.S. 287) and Trice Street, on the left when traveling west on First Street. Touch for map. Located at the Armstrong County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Trice Street, Claude TX 79019, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. and Mrs. Wm. A. Warner (here, next to this marker); Route of Coronado Expedition (here, next to this marker); Town of Claude (here, next to this marker); Boy Scout Troop No. 17 (here, next to this marker); The Great Panhandle Indian Scare of 1891 (a few steps from this marker); Charles Howard Roan "The Claude News" (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Sheriffs (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Claude.
Also see . . . Texas State Historical Association article on Armstrong County. (Submitted on December 10, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Animals • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 10, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 13, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 308 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 13, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.