St. Ignatius Mission
—(Middle Village) —
Built in 1889 the third church to stand in the vicinity of the first Jesuit Mission in 1741
Location. 45° 33.105′ N, 85° 6.921′ W. Marker is in Middle Village, Michigan, in Emmet County. Marker is on Lamkin Road 1.2 miles south of Michigan Highway 119, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 North Lamkin Road, Harbor Springs MI 49740, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Middle Village (a few steps from this marker); St. Ignatius of Loyola Church and Cemetery (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Middle Village (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Area Of The Old Council Tree (approx. 5.1 miles away); L'Arbre Croche (approx. 5.6 miles away); The Legs Inn (approx. 7.3 miles away); Light Houses of Grays Reef Passage (approx. 7.4 miles away); The History of Redpath Memorial Presbyterian Church (approx. 7.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Middle Village.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Also see . . .
1. St. Ignatius Church in Middle Village MI. (Submitted on September 14, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians. (Submitted on September 14, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 14, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 14, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 140 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 14, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.