Fallass Drug Store
—330-332 East Mitchell —
For the first thirty-five years this address was a drug store. It was first owned by Charles W. Fallass until 1928. John Lake was the next owner until 1935 when his business went into bankruptcy. At that time he took the paint and wallpaper part of the drug store business and moved it across the street. The Kroger Company then operated here until 1946. After WWII, Herman Feldman operated an Army Surplus store and then an Economy Store until 1961. Fay's Dress Shop followed, selling women's clothes here for the next fifteen years. First Community Bank acquired the site in 1993. FCB has had a long history in Northern Michigan. The Bank was established in Harbor Springs in 1905, initially as Emmet County State Bank and later as Harbor Springs State Bank. The Clarke family has owned the Bank since 1905 and five generations of the family have been involved in its management.
National Register of Historical Places
Erected by Little Traverse Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan, Little Traverse Historical Society marker series.
Location. 45° 22.43′ N, 84° 57.35′ W. Marker is in Petoskey, Michigan, in Emmet County. Marker is at the intersection of
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Pop Corn King (here, next to this marker); Giles Restaurant (a few steps from this marker); Koulis Ice Cream (within shouting distance of this marker); Coburn Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Kent Bank of Petoskey (within shouting distance of this marker); Petoskey Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Petoskey Housefurnishing Co. / Reid Furniture (within shouting distance of this marker); Jesperson's Restaurant (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Petoskey.
Also see . . . Little Traverse Historical Society. (Submitted on September 20, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 20, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 136 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 20, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.