Covington in Saint Tammany Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1957 by The Louisiana Department of Commerce an Industry.
Location. 30° 28.748′ N, 90° 5.721′ W. Marker is in Covington, Louisiana, in Saint Tammany Parish. Marker is at the intersection of North Columbia Street (State Highway 437) and East Kirkland Street, on the left when traveling north on North Columbia Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 609 N Columbia St, Covington LA 70433, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Public "Ox Lot" Parking (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Covington Bank and Trust Building (approx. ¼ mile away); Courthouse Square and Historic Oaks (approx. ¼ mile away); The Southern Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); Walker Percy (approx. 0.3 miles away); Columbia Street Landing (approx. 0.4 miles away); Christ Episcopal Church (approx. half a mile away); Saint Peter Church (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Covington.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 17, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 15, 2016. This page has been viewed 101 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 15, 2016. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.