Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Site of Fort Pitt
1758 - 1761
1753 - 1758 - 1770
This tablet placed by the
Daughters of the
of Allegheny County
Erected 1908 by The Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 26.468′ N, 80° 0.597′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker can be reached from Three Rivers Heritage Trail. Touch for map. Marker is in Point State Park near the Fort Pitt Blockhouse. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15222, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Edith Darlington Ammon (here, next to this marker); The Venango Path (a few steps from this marker); Forks of the Ohio Fort Pitt Blockhouse (a few steps from this marker); Forbes Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Wall Section Through Rampart of Fort Pitt The Forks of the Ohio (within shouting distance of this marker); David L. Lawrence (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Duquesne (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 17, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 17, 2016, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 224 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 17, 2016, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.