Old Aqueduct Club Memorial
Carrying the Wabash and Erie Canal across the St. Marys River was located just north of the bridge about where the Nickle Plate Railroad crosses the river and was the playground and swimminghole for the West End Boys. Completed about 1843 Passed out of existence 1880
The Old Aqueduct Club
All male persons being 45 years of age or older having lived west of Calhoun Street 40 years and having swam in the old aqueduct constitutes its' membership. Once annually just before the New Year the club meets at a banquet and relive the stories of the old aqueduct days.
The Boys of the Aqueduct Club
(followed by hundreds of names on the marker
Erected 1927 by Committee on Memorial, The Old Aqueduct Club.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wabash & Erie Canal marker series.
Location. 41° 4.702′ N, 85° 9.215′ W. Marker is in Fort Wayne, Indiana, in Allen County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street and Rockhill Street, on the left when traveling west on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Wayne IN 46802, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carole Lombard (within
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 25, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 24, 2016, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. This page has been viewed 245 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 24, 2016, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.