Culloden in Monroe County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Battle of Culloden
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 102-5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 51.975′ N, 84° 5.714′ W. Marker is in Culloden, Georgia, in Monroe County. Marker is on Church Street 0.2 miles west of Lockett Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Located at the cemetery on Church Street in Culloden. Marker is in this post office area: Culloden GA 31016, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Slave Cemetery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Alfred Blalock, M.D. (approx. ¼ mile away); Lamar Electric Membership Corporation (approx. 10.4 miles away); Lamar Electric Membership Corporation Incorporating Board of Directors (approx. 10.4 miles away); Trice Cemetery (approx. 10½ miles away); Unknown Confederate Dead (approx. 10½ miles away); Auchumpkee Creek Bridge (approx. 10.9 miles away); Clarence Moseley “Ribs” Peel (approx. 11.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Culloden.
Additional keywords. Medal of Honor
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,841 times since then and 53 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on August 4, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.