Suffield in Hartford County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
( back )
Phinehas Lyman 1716-1774 Commander of colonial troops 1754-1760
Ebenezer Gay 1718-1796 Congregational Church Pastor 1742-1793
Timothy Swan 1758-1843 Composer of sacred music, including "China”
Seth Pease 1764-1819 Surveyor of the Connecticut Western Reserve
Asahel Morse 1772-1838 Author of religious freedom in Connecticut
Sylvester Graham 1794-1851 Inventor of graham crackers and bread
Henry Sykes 1810-1860 Architect and builder
Willis Adams 1844-1921 Painter of American landscapes
Olin Warner 1844-1896 Artist and sculptor
the American Bicentennial Commission of Suffield
and the Connecticut Historical Commission
Location. 41° 58.932′ N, 72° 39.048′ W. Marker is in Suffield, Connecticut, in Hartford County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street (Connecticut Route 75) and Mountain Road (Connecticut Route 168), on the right when traveling north on North Main Street. Touch for map. Located in front of Kent Memorial Library. Marker is at or near this postal address: 50 North Main Street, Suffield CT 06078, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Suffield Soldiers Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Suffield Veterans Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Old Center Cemetery (about Enfield Soldiers Monument (approx. 2.9 miles away); Founders of Enfield (approx. 3 miles away); First Church in Enfield (approx. 3 miles away); Old Town Hall of Enfield (approx. 3 miles away); Enfield (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Suffield.
Also see . . .
1. Town of Suffield, CT. (Submitted on November 16, 2016, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. Suffield, Connecticut on Wikipedia. (Submitted on November 16, 2016, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 16, 2016, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 240 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 16, 2016, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.